Larry Bi-Weekly by Adarsh
Hello and welcome to another edition of the Larry Bi-Weekly! This edition would span the length of the 27th of May to the 9th of June. It’s been a whirlwind of events and all things Larry these past two weeks and we’re quite giddy to present you with the information we’ve gathered.
So, as always, sit back, grab a beverage and your favourite snack and catch up on the chaos that has unfurled in the Larry-verse!
- Harry released a ‘music video’ with James Corden (The Late Late Show) for Daylight, a song on his new album. This music video was a visual in blue and green with a healthy dose of ridiculousness and jolly mirth (Yes, blue and green)
- HSHQ posted a still of the clip for promo purposes and the part posted was the very loud bathing of Harry in blue and green lights (Yes, HSHQ. We were equally as shocked as you are so – nice save glorified UA, nice save)
- Louis’ show in Sao Paulo, Brazil was a bluegreen dream to commemorate the 28th. The venue was lit up before the show in bright, flashing colors of blue and green (In our defense, we did warn there would be a lot of bluegreening)
- Harry performed at the BBC Radio 1’s Big Weekend. He wore a sparkly purple jumpsuit (or two piece?) with what looked to be a “HT” slyly inscribed in the front – Harry Tomlinson Styles
- The show was also a dream in blue and green lights, the colors even making an appearance while Harry was on stage (I’d like to be blue and green for a day methinks)
- Honourable mention: The banana explicit necklace also made an appearance
- Louis met a little Louie after the show and the entirety of stan twitter dissolved into a frenzy of “He’s so cute”, “Louis with babies” and the most shocking, “I don’t want children but I’d have one so Louis Tomlinson can hold them” – all of these with a divulge of heart eye and crying emojis. We can admit we actively participated in gushing over a grown man holding and speaking softly to a baby, but it’s LOUIS TOMLINSON! Can you blame anyone?
- A relatively quiet day in the ‘verse while Harry’s House continued to break records in the UK and worldwide (We are always so proud!)
- Louis arrived in Peru and tweeted “Trying to sleep!” allegedly from his hotel balcony and almost immediately deleted it. This sent the whole of stan twitter into an outburst of “Let him rest” but older fans were reminded of the last time Louis mentioned something about sleep on his social media and what followed after..
- Louis later tweeted,“What an incredible welcome to Peru, you guys blow my fucking mind”
- A picture of Harry singing during a private wedding ceremony in California from the previous week surfaced.
- Stan twitter becomes a haven of Pride as the 1st of June dawns and the magazine gears to launch. (Self promo yes, but you’d do it too!)
- Pride month begins and it’s off to a great start as the magazine was released and we all got to share our hard work with you. It was – and still is – a pleasure for us to do this and we were so happy with the reception we received. Thank you to everyone who gave our magazine a ‘chonce’.
- Harris Reed, a fashion designer (who has designed a number of Harry’s outfits, including the pieces he wore for the Vogue Magazine shoot where he became the first solo male on the cover of Vogue), posted a series of images with the caption “HAPPY PRIDE! Very excited for the moments to come to further push our fluid vision”. Harry appeared in the first image holding a pride flag from Live On Tour and also in the fifth image taken from the Vogue shoot.
- Liam Gallagher, singer and songwriter talks about Harry in an interview. He says he’s met him a few times and thinks he’s a good lad and that he makes good music. Liam Gallagher previously released a documentary titled “As It Was”, detailing his life in the music industry. Louis attended the premier of this documentary and Harry was rumored to have also been there. (It is quite a funny ‘coincidence’, we’d agree).
- More information on “My Policeman”, starring Harry Styles, Emma Corrin and David Dawson is released. A tentative date for release is given and it falls around October, 2022.
- Robbie Rogers, co-producer of My Policeman talked about Harry in an interview and how talented Harry is as he embodied the role of Tom (the character in the movie) excellently. He mentions that Harry was very genuine and it was a pleasure for the whole cast and crew working with him.
- Taking a part of the interview, Robbie Rogers said about Harry, “He really did such a great job in this film, and he’s just very authentic. People are always trying to solve who Harry is and I think he’s exactly who he tells you and shows you who he is. He is an authentic, pure person, which was such a relief.”
- Louis had a show in Lima, Peru and a lot of fans were happy as they got to celebrate the first day of pride month with Louis. It was a lovely show and Louis came out wearing a FILA turtleneck jumper and looking very…well – further comment would be reserved for when we have more information
- Louis reportedly cried during “Only The Brave” and serenaded a hotel (If you find any part of this statement weird, you need to spend a little more time in the Larry-verse)
- The outro song for the show was “We Are The Champions” by Queen
- Harry appeared in a commercial for Apple’s airpods in what looked like a music video for “Music For A Sushi Restaurant”.
- Sarah’s Kitchen – who is in charge of the catering for both Harry and Louis’ tours – posted a series of images for the platinum jubilee celebrations and tagged Harry (We also do not know why we’re updating you on this but we liked the catering part because food is life!)
- Zach Sang hinted at having Louis on his show again and everyone began to call on LT2 tunes.
- The Colombia LTWT venue was lit up in rainbow lights and Louis’ promo for the show was smack dab in the middle of rainbow lights – a pleasing sight we might add.
- The Andrew J. Brady Music Center, where Louis played his Cincinatti show, posted on Instagram a series of pictures supporting the LGBTQIA+ community for pride month, and a picture of Louis’ show with a pride flag was part of the images.
- Louis sent us all on a trip down memory lane with his outfit for LTWT Bogota. He wore a 2012-reminiscent red top with white stripes – cries in *fetus* – and looked quite stunning. We all gushed.
- The show was lovely and the outro song was “Mr Brightside” by The Killers
- It’s a relatively quiet day in the fandom and LTWT thrives as more shows are sold out and bigger venues and additional dates are demanded.
- We found that Louis crashed attended a wedding in Costa Rica that was being held in the hotel he stayed at. It was confirmed by the event planner that Louis was not invited. (If I ever do get married, I’d make sure it’s in a place Louis can crash)
- Louis’ show in Costa Rica was a success and got everyone talking for a while as he skipped “Too Young” on the setlist. He wore a Freddy Perry shirt again with laurels as its symbol.
- The outro song for the show was “Staying Alive” by the Bee Gees
- The outro playlist for LTWT was found on Louis’ sound tech’s Instagram and the fandom was in for a treat. The playlist included songs like “I’m Coming Out” by Diana Ross, “September” by Earth, Wind & Fire, and it was found that “I Will Survive” by Gloria Gaynor was added to the playlist after Harry sang it at Coachella.
- More songs were added to the playlist after it had been found and a little while later, it went private.
- Louis was very active on Instagram and Twitter liking his crew’s posts and following some.
- The First Take announced that Harry would be performing on their show on Monday, June 13th – we’d let you know how that goes in the next edition of our recap
- The Away From Home Festival 2022, edition 2, is announced for Saturday, 27th August, and to be held at Marenostrum Fuengirola in Malaga, Spain. The lineup for the show features several bands, including Sun Room who have joined Louis on his LatAm leg of LTWT.
- An article by Simon Jones of the BMG team (the record label Louis recently signed to) surfaced. The article was on the Away From Home Festival but it was mentioned that Louis had spent the last two years writing his second solo album after signing with BMG. Two points stood out to us from this article.
- LT2!!! We’re getting a new album from Louis Tomlinson sooner than we expected and
- It’s a QUARANTINE ALBUM! We’re gearing up for anything at this point because quarantine albums have proven themselves to be the best of the lot.
- Prime Video releases news on the long awaited, My Policeman starring Harry Styles, Emma Corrin and David Dawson. The movie, based on the novel by Bethan Roberts and set in 1950’s Britain, tells the story of Tom, a gay policeman who is in love with Patrick, a museum curator and artist but cannot be with him openly as it was against the law pushing him to marry Marion, a teacher, who he has no feelings for. It is a beautifully crafted story of forbidden love and changing social conventions. Prime Video teased a first look at the movie which most assumed was a trailer.
- The outro song for Louis’ show in San Juan, Puerto Rico, was “Tear In My Heart” by Twenty-One Pilots.
- The release date for My Policeman was announced via Prime Video and is set to be out in theaters in the US and UK, October 21 and later released for worldwide streaming November 4. Pictures of Harry Styles, Emma Corrin and David Dawson on the set of the movie are also released.
- Michael Grandage, director of My Policeman, talked about working with Harry ( in an interview with Vanity Fair for the movie), and it is very insightful. Apparently, Harry was not in their radar when they were looking for the trio of young actors to star in the film but Harry’s team reached out to Grandage’s about how Harry had read the script and was very interested in being a part of it.
- Harry met with Grandage in his London office and Grandage said about Harry, “He had read the script so many times that he knew every single beat of it at that meeting. I found that incredibly impressive. He knew other people’s lines; he knew all of his lines. He knew why he wanted to talk about it, why one scene worked this way and another worked another way” – Obviously, you can tell this movie meant a lot to Harry.
- Grandage later goes on to say that, ” The whole point of Tom is that he is a character who is confused. It’s made more problematic by the fact that he is a policeman and he is in a career that is about upholding law. And the law in the country at the time is about everything he feels – the complexity of it is something that whoever was going to play Younger Tom and Older Tom needed to somehow observe and understand.”
- Zach Sang announces that Louis would be on his show soon.
And there you have it. Quite a rollercoaster! The information you just took in is a lot. We’ll give you a moment to catch your breath. You’re good? Okay. Come look for us in the next two weeks for more news on the happenings in the Larry-verse.
Remember, if you have something cute to tell us, drop it in the comments. And maybe you think we could improve on something? We’d love to hear about it!
Keep on Larry-ing!